Our Algebra 2 online course is designed for students who have completed our Algebra 1 course, and are ready to dive into more complex mathematical concepts, on their way to more advanced high school math. As with all our courses, algebra 2 is normally led one-to-one, which allows your teacher to custom build the course around your learning style, the way you learn math best, and your interests and passions.
How Our Online Algebra 2 Course Works
You will meet with your teacher online 1-3 times per week, embarking on a journey of co-learning and discovery together. Using innovative tools like Jamboard and an iPad with iPen, you will work collaboratively in real-time with your teacher, diving deep into the core concepts of algebra 2. This interactive environment is bolstered by the inclusion of math puzzles and problems, designed to sharpen analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Why Choose an Algebra 2 Course Online?
Our online Algebra 2 course is ideal for independent learners, homeschoolers, worldschoolers, and students outside traditional school environments. With teachers located across the globe, we offer unparalleled flexibility and access to a diverse and highly skilled cohort of educators. This global network ensures that we can match you with a teacher who not only meets your academic needs but also aligns with your time zone and schedule.
Our Algebra 2 Online Class at a Glance
The curriculum of your Algebra 2 course will be completely customized and iterative. Your teacher will begin with a general plan, drawn from the syllabi from elite American high schools; but then will adapt that plan to your context and learning style. The end result is a math course completely suited to you, delivered at your pace, with the flexibility to spend more time on areas where you need more support or show greater interest.
Core Concepts in Our Algebra 2 Curriculum
Although each course is customized, by the end of your algebra 2 course with us you can expect to have covered the following core concepts:
- Complex Numbers: Understanding and working with complex numbers, including their properties and operations.
- Functions and Their Graphs: A deeper exploration of functions, including polynomial, rational, logarithmic, and exponential functions, and their representations.
- Systems of Equations and Inequalities: Advanced methods for solving systems of equations and inequalities, including linear and non-linear systems.
- Matrices and Determinants: Introduction to matrices and determinants, their operations, and applications in solving systems of equations.
- Polynomial Functions: Detailed study of polynomial functions, including long and synthetic division, the Remainder Theorem, and the Factor Theorem.
- Rational Expressions and Functions: In-depth study of rational expressions and functions, including asymptotes and graph behavior.
- Exponential and Logarithmic Functions: Exploring the properties and applications of exponential and logarithmic functions.
- Sequences and Series: An introduction to sequences and series, including arithmetic and geometric sequences, and the concept of limits.
- Conic Sections: Study of conic sections including parabolas, ellipses, and hyperbolas, and their applications.
- Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts of probability and statistics, including permutations, combinations, and the Binomial Theorem.
- Trigonometry: Basics of trigonometry, including trigonometric functions, identities, and equations.
Algebra 2 Personalized Learning
By the end of our time together you will emerge a stronger math thinker, with a solid base in algebra 2, and ready to continue on to precalculus, statistics, or any higher level math course.